The Morning Star Is Now Available!

Thursday, November 3, 2011

You'll Shoot Your Eye Out

Hi Readers of my blog and of Northern Connection magazine (where I am the Executive Editor),

As I promised in my column, here is another prompt for those of you looking for more ideas to spur conversation during the holidays.  Since the Christmas season will soon be upon us, how about a question about presents.  In the Christmas Story, Ralphie wants a Red Rider BB Gun.  His wish came true.  Was there ever something you really wanted for Christmas?  Did you get it?   If not, were you very disappointed?

My brother always asked for Rockem Sockem Robots, but never got them.  It became a running joke in our family.  When we were in our thirties, I got his name in the family grab bag, and I bought him Rockem Sockem Robots.  We all laughed and had a good time battling to see who could be the first to "knock his block off."




No comments:

Post a Comment