The Morning Star Is Now Available!

Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Happy 12.12.12!

Hi Readers:

Several years ago as part of my course requirements to acquire my degree in writing, I had to take a math course.  I did fine in math in high school, but like many things, advanced math is something you must use or you lose it.  Well, I'd lost it by that time, so telling a writer they have to do math strikes fear in the heart. 

To satisfy the requirement, I took geometry, specifically sacred geometry, which turned out to be fascinating.  Although I did have to do some calculating, this was more a history of math type of course and revealed how math actually does play a role in our lives.

One of the things I learned is that numbers had significance in literature and religion.  Today, is 12.12.12.  Twelve, biblically speaking, represents completeness or the whole enchilada.  There were the 12 tribes of Israel and the 12 apostles, 12 days of Christmas, etc.

Keep your eyes open for the number 12 today.  I'm keeping my eyes open for a dozen of doughnuts or roses!  Or perhaps you might like to pick a dozen of books featured in the Holiday Ebook Extravaganza that concludes today.  Drop on by the website and pick up your copy of my book A Shepherd's Song or one of the many others featured.

Also, I'm featured on the Happily Ever After blog today.  Drop by and post a comment.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment