The Morning Star Is Now Available!

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Six Sentence Sunday

Hi Readers!

Welcome to the first blog post of the fall season.  Sunday is the day that I tease you with a tantalizing tidbit (can you tell I like alliteration?) from my new romantic comedy St. Anne's Day.  

The scene is from the part in the novel when Peg, who is 80 and widowed, receives an invitation to her niece's wedding and is a bit miffed because only she and her handsome bachelor son, Gerry are invited.  Peg, a real crackerjack, is recovering from open heart surgery and is put out because she believes her niece must think she is too old to bring a date.

If you like what you read, you can read more by purchasing the book.  Links are to the right.  

Here is the conversation between Peg and Gerry:


"What if I was one of those bobcats, like we saw on Good Morning America this morning?”

 “I think the term is cougar, Peg, and you can forget about it. Chasing younger men is bad for the heart,” Gerry said.

 “My heart’s fine!” 

“I’m talking about my heart,” Gerry said. “Just thinking about you with a guy my age gives me palpitations.”

No comments:

Post a Comment