The Morning Star Is Now Available!

Sunday, March 20, 2011

The Kindle Has Been a Godsend

Hi Readers,

If you follow this blog or the one I do for Northern Connection magazine or read my column in the magazine, you know I often wondered whether I would like a Kindle.  As I mentioned, I bought one in January, and let me tell you it has been a godsend.  I injured my knee in a freak treadmill accident and pretty much spent a week resting my injured leg.  The great thing about the Kindle was that when I needed another book to keep myself occupied, I wasn't at the mercy of my caregivers.  I just browsed the Kindle Store and downloaded the next book I wanted to read.  For anyone who likes to read and who can't get to a bookstore the Kindle is a lifesaver. 

I'm also thinking that the Kindle would be great for senior citizens who can't get out to their local bookstore or who can't wait until the delivery person brings your next selection.  It is also great for seniors because you can adjust the text size.  Too bad my late Grandmother Gert passed away before the Kindle came on the scene.  She spent her last years on earth home bound and was an avid reader.  She ordered all her books from a book-of-the-month club.

I don't think the Kindle will totally replace traditional books, but it sure is a great device for those who love to read. 

No comments:

Post a Comment