The Morning Star Is Now Available!

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Some Great Feedback & Praise for Second Set of Eyes

Well, I'm progressing with the publication of my novel, St. Anne's Day.  All the experts recommend having your manuscript professionally edited before publishing.  I searched for an editor and found one with impeccable credentials and experience.  Plus her website has the same template that I used for a former website--I figured she had good taste like me (ha ha).  The editor was Cynthia Sherwood at

www.secondsetofeyes.com

I sent her my first chapter to evaluate it for an estimate and was I pleasantly surprised to get this message from her:


However, and I should preface this by saying I've never said this to a potential client before, you need to decide whether it's necessary to hire someone. Though it's possible the rest isn't as clean as the first chapter, it really does look like it's in great shape. I hate for you to spend money on something that may be only marginally helpful. But, of course, if you decide to go ahead with it, I would love to take you on as a client. Let me know what you think.

Not only does she have great credentials, she has integrity!  What a gem I found.  I'm ecstatic that the novel is in such good shape and doubly pleased to find someone with such depth of character that she would actually advise me that I don't really need her services. 

You can bet I will be consulting her in the future for any editing projects I may have.  

No comments:

Post a Comment